The last window made December 1951 by Helmute Neuman (left) & Ernst Fahl before travelling to Australia.

 City in Germany, "WIPPERFUERTH", this Photo was taken after World War II. 1n 1945.

 Lennep, Wender & Duerholt complex 1870 - 1981.  In 1951-1955 manufacturing of 500 plus timber-frame houses for the Housing Trust in South Australia.

Ship called "ROMA" Leaving Italy bringing the first group of  19 contract workers for Wender & Duerholt to Australia.

Temperary Housing Trust cottage in Warradale, with no electriciity 1951 next door to the Army Camp (the Bush) known to the Adelaide City people.

In these 4 room Housing Trust cottage two people shared a room. Fom left to right; Gerhard Schulte, carpenter; Helmute Neuman, carpenter; Bernhart Meyer, carpenter; Erik Strenka, labouer.

Halle, workshop send from Germany by Wender & Duerholt for Wender & Duerholt Australia in 1952 to Morphett road Dover Gardens. This structure (workshop) was shiftet in 1955-56 to Bennet Ave. Edwardstown.

 Timeframe houses in 1952 - 1955, errected in the Dover Gardens, Marion District Council area, send from Germany by Wender & Duerholt.

Wender & Duerholt imported workmens camp from Germany in 1952, location Warradale area where two people shared a room. The person on the motorbike ist Horst Eisenbach a plumber by trade, geb. in Rade von Walde.

Wilhelm Soens (left on this picture) Foreman Carpenter, transfered from the Port Adelaide Project in 1953. The ADELAIDER LIEDERTAFFEL , which was formed in 1858, had only 8 men left in 1954.  With the help of Wilhelm Soens von Remscheid in the camp of Wender & Duerholt in Dover Gardens, the Adelaider Liedertafel  continued to grow in membership. 

Adelaider Liedertafel in 2010.                                                               Willi Soens Jr fist row second on the left.

In 1957 Wender & Duerholt obtained a partnership contract with the help of Max Liberman into the Reid-Murray development. A new suburb it is called Parra Hill. Previously   it was a livestock paddock. Wender & Duerholt (Australia) employed for that project a German Architect, “Mr. Penner” and all workers working on that site on that project became sub-contractors.

Lohman Park, Statue donated by "Eugon Lohman", unveiled on the 21 May 1965 by the Hon. Frank Walsh M.P. the Premier of South Australia in the presend of Eugon Lohmann.

In  27 March 2000 Marion Council, Mayor Felicity-Ann Lewis and Valerie Aldahm the Reginal manager of the Housing Trust unvelling the plaque.

Rose Cottage in 2003 

The Directors including Dr.Wilhelm R. Schmidt (right) viewing the Australien part of Wender & Duerholt 1880 - 1980 Exhibition in the Hometown Lennep in 2011-2012

Tuchmuseum Exhibition House; in the (Stadt ) Town Lennep.

Joiner shop in Lennep November 1951 and two of these men travelled with Wender & Duerholt to South Australia.                        On the left on this photo is Heinz Schmitz.

Farm, House and Stable in Europe "Baumhof, Feb. 1952". Heinz Schmitz saying;   Auf wiedersehn, to his birth place in Germany. Due to there was a Berlin wall built and the conflict between East and West in Europe began. The Company Wender & Duerholt obtained a 2 year contract to Australia to build timberframe houses...

The Journey to South Australian, Lennep Railway Station Feb. 1952. Amogst this group are the first of 19 voluntary contract workers leaving Lennep on the 20 February for South Australia with a contract they had signd to work 2 years for Wender & Duerholt in South Australia.   (AUTOBIOGRAPHY written in 2000 Fourth Edetion, by Henry Smith;  of 362 pages).

Arriving;  the first 19 people for Wender & Duerholt 18 men and 1 women at the Railway station in Adelaide on March 1952;

German tradesmen building the timber bases for timber frame house in 1952 in the Dover Gardens area (Marion Council district) for the Housing Trust. From left to right, Heinz Schoemann, Briklayer; Guenther Diesing, Labour; Horst Eisenbach, Plumber;     Heinz Schmitz, Joiner;

EUGEN LOHMANN the owner and directer of Wender & Duerholt, on his second visit in 1952 talking to his appointed manager Walter Wiegelman in South Australia.

 Wilhelm Soens a Foreman Carpenter from Remscheid working for Wender & Duerholt (Australia) in Dover Gardens conducted the Adelaider Liedertafel in 1954 in the German Cub. In March 1956 the German Club celebrated their 70 yearly Jubilee.
Liedertafel; http://www. alt 1858.org/History/- website states "Around this time in Adelaide a German building company, Wender & Dürholt, was contracted by the State Government to build five hundred homes for the SA Housing Trust. This company, which had come to SA in 1952, brought a great wave of migrants in the years that followed. Wilhelm Söns Sr, a Foreman Carpenter by trade who worked for Wender & Dürholt was an accomplished amateur musician, and conducted a group of singers at the Warradale German camp (the site of the present day Army barracks). When they became aware of this German male choir, the Adelaider Liedertafel contacted them and the two choirs combined under the ALT banner. This occurred in March, 1954. Wilhelm Söns was the first conductor of this combined choir. His son Willi Jr joined the ALT in August 1954 at age 17, and is today the choir's longest serving member. For a closer look at this fascinating piece of ALT (and, more importantly, South Australian) history, have a look at Henry Smith's history of Wender & Dürholt in S.A."

 In 1957 -1965 the company Wender & Duerholt built many little cottages for the Housing Trust, rental units, called “Old Folks Cottage. Every person working on these Cottages was a subcontractor. It paved the way in tendering for the Christies Beach project in 1962.project. 

 Harmony day, at the Marion Council on the 21/3/2002, aranged by Felicity-Ann Lewis.  A history issue of reconnaissance.

20 March 1952 the first group of 19 contract worker for Wender & Duerholt arrived in Adelaide.  A part of History where no one wants to talk about. People of that group who still live today are the forgotten people. No body reads that Plaque which is a reminder of History of the past 60 years.

 Employees of Wender & Duerholt  in 27 March 2003. From left to right; Walter Wiegelmann, Mayor Felicity-Ann Lewis, Helmute Link, Werner Klinkhammer, Henry Smith.

This old Cottage build in 1924 is one of the few Cottages (was) still standing in 1952 in the City of Marion "abandoned Dover Gardengarden District". Today in 2013 it is glorified into a Historical Exhibition place by the Marion City Councel.

tex
27 March 2003. Henry Smith (left) and Maron Council, Mayor Felicity-Ann Lewis.

Pictures from Wender & Duerholt Australien section on display im Tuchmuseum in Lennep.

The last building Site of Wender & Duerholt in 1974 in their Hometown Lennep. ..